Distance:62km
Time: 3:28hrs
Max Speed: 54.24 km
Av Speed: 18 km
Browns Waterhole
Wahroonga Park
Memory Lane
Dylan and Asquith
Bobbin Head
Access to M2 East bound
Rode to Bobbin Head again today. My route was to Turramurra, Hornsby, Asquith, Bobbin head, Turramurra and home again. It was a trip down memory lane really. I rode past Hornsby Girls, where Snap used to be, past corner shops.
Dropped in to Dylans on the off chance he was there, he was, and so was Rob. Dylan has taken three weeks off work to help his dad take kitchens, windows and other building things up to Glen. Had a cup of coffee, chatted for about an hour and then headed off.
House looks great, it was really nice to see it again. Dylan scared me with when school hols start and made me think that we were out a week which would’ve seriously messed up our holiday plans. But all’s ok, you’d think a teacher would know lol.
It’s a steeper trip to Bobbin Head via Asquith so I definitely went the right way. I didn’t think it was a good idea to try and recreate the ‘red blanket’ experience. So I went to the Bobbin Head Inn which was nice to. Had a chat to a cycle ‘brother’ who was waiting to have coffee with his daughter and 3mth old grandson, He suggested a few routes. Checked out my bike when I started talking about my phobia of hills and said I could get a better gear ratio on the back.
I discovered on the way back that you can actually get onto the M2 which gets rid of the necessity to go through Macquarie Park which was great. I saw the gate last time but just assumed it was locked. So this time I opened it and was zipping along the M2.
This will probably be the last decent ride before our trip. Can’t wait. Denube here we come!
Here’s my route
Photos on MobileMe
No comments:
Post a Comment