Saturday, June 12, 2010

Olympic Park

Date: Sat 12 June
Distance: 51km
Time: 2:57hrs
Max Speed: 48.91 km
Av Speed: 17.2 km


IMG_4577_LR-2010-06-12-21-52.jpg

We got a babysitter to look after the kids, Little Miss Chatterbox was so excited, and we headed off down Epping Road towards Homebush.
We had a leisurely lunch. Saw a wedding. Played chicken with kamikaze crow, glad to say he swerved at last second.

IMG_4576_LR-2010-06-12-21-52.jpg
IMG_4578_LR-2010-06-12-21-52.jpg  IMG_4591_LR-2010-06-12-21-52.jpg IMG_4592_LR-2010-06-12-21-52.jpg

Legs handled it ok, even on the infamous Melville Hill. However, my sore knee came back after it, so for a lot of the trip home I was riding with right leg and left leg was ‘just along for the ride’.
It was great to have company and great to go for a ride with Graeme. We ate at the Armory. We had a little patch of sunlight on our table so by the end of lunch I was thawed out. Graeme however had lost all his heat so now he was cold.

Proud to say, I navigated us through Olympic Park without getting lost.

Lovely day. Thanks Graeme and thanks Melinda for babysitting the chatterboxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment