Sunday, June 6, 2010

Windsor for lunch

Date: Sunday 06 June
Distance:38km
Time: 1:44hrs
Max Speed: 42km
Av Speed: 22km
My sister wanted to borrow the kids for a photographic assignment, which was just perfect as hubby’s away. The weather was sunny, again perfect.
I took both wheels off bike, and oh did I struggle to get it into the boot of my car. I thought I was going to have to give a wheel each to the kids to hold onto! You’d think that a 4WD ought to fit a bike frame comfortably .
The ride out was really lovely, it was sunny and quite warm. There were Markets in the malled area of Windsor. I think they have these monthly. I found a scarf that I squeezed into my Topeak, and a couple of bags of home made biscuits followed shortly after. I would of loved the beautiful looking strawberries, but alas no room.
Had some pumpkin soup for lunch and watched Elvis singing in front of a shop. Later on he was handing out brochures for his new ‘all things male’ gift shop. There was this stall that sold baby dolls that looked so realistic, they were both beautiful and incredibly freaky at the same time. But if anyone wants the perfect baby doll, you must visit Windsor markets one Sunday.
Trip back was not as pleasant, the sky had clouded over and the wind had picked up and it was a headwind like last time and it was harder work then on the way to Windsor. I made it back just as it started to rain down again. I managed to pull apart and fit the bike in my huge boot and go inside the house to child mayhem.
Now at home and its once more bucketing down.

No comments:

Post a Comment