We are not on a bike anymore, but I thought it worth an entry. We’re in Dubai and I’m really enjoying it, it’s a big contrast to the first part of our trip. Things slow down on pedals and you take on a new concept of distance and speed. A couple of days ago we were gently pedalling through sunflower fields, yesterday we were careering over the desert sandunes, English pop music blaring (long story) in our air conditioned 4WD along with another 20 vehicles doing the same thing.
It is hot hot hot here. When our driver stopped to let down tires before entering the sand dunes it registered at 46°C. We were given some decidedly hot water to ‘cool’ us down and walked into the dunes to try and find a space to photograph our other halves that made us look like we were all alone. Back in the car we put on our seat belts and started the 4WD part of our desert experience. Look it wasn’t bad, it wasn’t scary infact it was quite fun......so why did I feel like cringing when I saw the trail of cars going over exactly the same route. We eventually made our way to the desert BBQ part of the tour, got out of the air con and clambered onto a camel and smiled for the camera. Found a cushion and table and refreshments and tried to relax in the heat. The food was really quite nice. We watched a belly dancer who looked like she was melting and then collected our camel photo and gratefully climbed back into the air conditioned car for our trip home.
We swam in the pool yesterday and melted under the shade of our umbrellas. I was watching one of the lifeguards throw water on his umbrella to try and cool himself down. Glad everyones is finding it hot.
We’re off now to find Tam a prezzie, just need to decide if we want to go to the mall with the fun park of the mall with the ski park.
As unrealistic as it is here, it’s great.
View from our room
Burg Al Arab
Car and driver (not how Graeme can’t actually touch car as it’s too hot)
Waiting for photo opp.
Alone in desert
Campsite
arty farty pic.
I think that I've done that same tour! Loved the 4WDing.
ReplyDelete