Thursday, July 8, 2010

Trip begins - Passau to Schlogen

Beginning...

I’m lying in our room overlooking ‘the bend” in Schlögen. The ‘bend’ is where the Denube turns on itself 180º. It’s so lovely here, we’re totally surrounded by green. There is the tiniest bit of flat land along side of the Denube and then mountains rise straight up on both sides of river.

We completed around 44kms today and all went well. The bikes are fine but the brakes are the other way round to back home. The Back brake is on the right hand side, which is no big deal unless your like me, broke your arm and have gotten used to not being able to using the front brake as strong! So I’ve pulling up mostly on front wheel today...ooops.

Lots of bugs around, Graeme nearly ate a few, and I nearly landed in the Denube as one big buzzy thing got stuck somehow behind my glasses, Ughhh.

We ride to Linz tomorrow.

IMG_4714-2010-07-8-02-25.jpg

IMG_4713-2010-07-8-02-25.jpg

The start of the ride - Passau

IMG_4715-2010-07-8-02-25.jpg

IMG_4718-2010-07-8-02-25.jpg

Leaving Passau

_MG_4048-2010-07-8-02-25.jpg

Some wheat

_MG_4050-2010-07-8-02-25.jpg

Sights

_MG_4052-2010-07-8-02-25.jpg

Stopping for lunch

IMG_4732-2010-07-8-02-25.jpg

Leaving Germany

IMG_4735-2010-07-8-02-25.jpg

IMG_4739-2010-07-8-02-25.jpg

Bike ferry

No comments:

Post a Comment